Do I Qualify for Help from NYSERDA?
We’ll help you find out. RUPCO has partnered with the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, (NYSERDA), an organization that helps homeowners make energy efficiency improvements. We’re working with NYSERDA to be sure you can easily take part in programs to save energy, and take advantage of incentives, grants and low-interest loans to help pay for the energy upgrades. Funding and technical assistance are made possible by NYSERDA’s Green Jobs – Green NY program.
Improving the energy efficiency of your home is a smart investment. NYSERDA offers a range of residential programs designed to help New York State residents identify areas where their homes are driving up energy costs and provide assistance in completing energy efficiency improvements for a healthier, more comfortable home
We’ll start by figuring out which NYSERDA program is right for you. You’ll work with a qualified contractor who will give your home a top-to-bottom look to see what upgrades you need—such as better insulation, air sealing to reduce drafts, energy-saving appliances, and more.
We’ll explain options for financing, including low-interest loans for up to $25,000 and a program that will let you pay for the upgrades right on your utility bill with money you save by reducing your energy use. We can help you apply for a 10 percent cash back incentive to reduce the cost of some or all of your energy upgrades. We can also help low- to moderate income residents take advantage of additional financial assistance, or even have improvements made for free.
It starts with a home energy assessment, completed by contractors accredited by the Building Performance Institute (BPI), which gives you a top-to bottom look at where your home is wasting energy. You receive a detailed list of recommended improvements that can include everything from added insulation and energy efficient lighting to a high-efficiency heating system and ENERGY STAR® certified appliances.
If you want to save energy and make your home more comfortable, NYSERDA programs can help. But please remember that public funding is limited and can run out. The most important thing you can do is call RUPCO today. We’ll help you get started.
How do I get Started with NYSERDA Programs?
If you want to change the way you use energy—waste less and spend less, we can help you participate in one of NYSERDA’s energy efficiency programs. Submit your contact information on our website or call us at 845-331-2140 ext. 260 and we will make sure you have all the information you need to move forward.
What can I get from NYSERDA to Help me Improve my Home’s Energy Efficiency?
NYSERDA offers different levels of assistance based on homeowners’ household incomes. Start here at step one to see where you qualify. We’ll talk with you to determine exactly what you will qualify for.
Here are some of the benefits that may be available to you as a homeowner in New York:
- A free/reduced cost Home Energy Assessment: A contractor will visit your home and test it to see where you’re wasting energy, then recommend improvements you can make that will save money and make your home more comfortable
- Energy efficiency improvements for free to New Yorkers whose income is lower than 60 percent of the statewide median. You can also qualify if you’re eligible for HEAP or if you participate in your utility’s payment assistance program. Contact us at 845-331-2140 ext. 260 and our staff will help you see if you qualify.
- Incentives or other assistance to help pay for energy efficiency improvements through NYSERDA’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® and Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR programs
- Low-interest loans to pay for energy efficiency improvements
- On-bill recovery financing, which allows you to use the savings on your utility bill to pay for energy upgrades—without increasing your monthly expenses
- Tips for simple changes you can make to lower your energy bills.
NYSERDA offers a wide range of programs designed to help New York State residents reduce energy waste and lower their energy bills. See how you can make these programs work for you. NYSERDA’s residential programs
Energy-efficient products deliver the same (or more) services for less energy while helping to protect the environment.Look here for more information on the ENERGY STAR certified products: Energy-efficient and ENERGY STAR® products
NYSERDA has created a statewide network of partners who offer energy efficiency solutions that can help reduce your energy usage and costs. Find a contractor here
Learn to approach your multifamily building as a complete system for big energy savings:
- New constructions – save before construction begin
- Existing buildings – for owners of an existing building of 5+ units and 4+ floors
Learn about the technical and financial assistance available to small businesses and not-for-profits: